Monday, April 21, 2008

Mom's Tin Roof Pie

So this is a long time family favorite and every time I have made it for someone else--they love it! The recipe is kinda hard to share because it is just throwing a bunch of things together but you really can't go too wrong!


Start out with Honey Nut Crunch Cereal, Corn Flakes, or as a last resort Frosted Flakes. (I tried Honey flavored Frosted Flakes and it was pretty good, but I think I would go with Corn Flakes again if I can't find Honey Nut Crunch). Crush them into a large bowl. Then add about 2-3 large spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter and then about 3 large swirls of Light Karo Syrup. Combine together thoroughly until they all kinda stick together. (Add more peanut butter and Syrup if needed).
Pour into 2 pie tins and press to form a crust.
Fill with Vanilla Ice Cream (slightly softened). Put in freezer to let set up until ready to serve.
Serve with Hot Fudge drizzled on top!!!

3 comments:

Abby said...

MMMM....I love this ONE!!!

katherine said...

This is my FAVORITE!! I have thought about this alot recently. Now I can actually make it :) Thanks Cari and my thighs thank you too :)

Aaron Shaw said...

MMMM!!!
My Favorite!