Thursday, April 17, 2008

Steak Salad

This was ridiculously easy -made in less than 20 minutes at 7:00 at night after running in late from the gym. I had all but the steak on hand, and the entire family LOVED it.

1 Tbs Dijon mustard (I didn't have any so I doubled the next ingredient)
1 Tbs grainy mustard
2 Tbs white wine vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 lb skirt steak, cut crosswise into 2 equal pieces (I couldn't find this so I used thin round steaks -which are much leaner anyway)
1/2 pound fresh green beans
2 medium heads red-leaf lettuce, torn into pieces (I used Romaine)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
4 ozs goat cheese-feta or Gorgonzola would work just as well. I accidentally left the cheese out and it was still great


1. In a small bowl, whisk together mustards, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

2. Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Salt and pepper steaks and broil for 4-6 minutes. Thinly slice.

3. Boil green beans until crisp tender, 4-6 minutes; drain. Run under cold water.

4. Combine dressing, steak, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments: